Why You're Losing Profit Without Branded Drinkware
If you are given the task of finding promotional products for your company, you are going to have your work cut out for you as it’s not as easy of a task as it sounds. There are thousands of items to choose from, and then from there you have even more options you can choose from in order to further customize a product for your company. When looking at these thousands of products, you want to not only get something unique (and a product that not everyone is handing out), and you also want your product to be useful.
As the person who is choosing these promotional products, it would probably be helpful to know what products consumers keep. Well you are in luck because there is an organization that measures these statistics. In 2016, the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) put out a Global Advertising Specialties Impression Study, which measures promotional product popularity. This report found that in the United States promotional t-shirts are owned by 58% of the population, and drinkware comes in as the second most owned product with 53%.(1)
While we are big fan of the #1 giveaway that is owned in the US, we are going to focus on drinkware in this particular post and why we think drinkware should be considered when ordering your company’s next promotional product. Here’s a revisit to a post from 2016 titled “Quench Your Thirst with Promotional Drinkware!”.
Quench Your Thirst with Promotional Drinkware!
Original Post Date - April 19, 2016
We all know that giveaways with a company’s logo are popular as we have all received some sort of branded product at an event, festival or even at the grocery store. A company simply giving out a promotional product is good for brand visibility at the time the product is distributed, but having customers keep that product is the goal. As a company, you don’t want to waste money on a promotional product that is just thrown away.
In this blog post, we will look at the popularity of drinkware and list the top five reasons why we think drinkware should be considered when ordering your company’s next promotional product:
1) Variety –There are many options to choose from when selecting the right drinkware for your company’s promotional product. From your coffee in the morning to an after dinner drink, there is a glassware option to fit every occasion and budget. Drinkware options include coffee cups, water bottles, glasses, travel mugs, coozies, pint glasses and more. Those options can be made out of ceramic, steel, paper, glass, aluminum, plastic and more. With so many options, what will you choose?
2) Visibility – Drinkware is on desks, in cars, in hands while taking public transportation and can be seen in various other places. Your company has the availability to receive many impressions and interactions when your logo is on promotional drinkware. Provide your customers and employees a promotional product that will make them think of your company every time the product is used. Build loyalty and awareness with branded drinkware.
3) Versatility – Promotional drinkware can be used for numerous events. Schools can have drinkware made in their school colors and sell it as a fundraiser. Drinkware can also be used as raffle prizes, at trade shows, store openings, special events and for other occasions. You may even want to keep a few products handy for a quick gift for an employee or customer.
4) Customization – What’s fun about drinkware is that one size doesn’t fit all, and with the variety of options comes the variety of ways to customize your product. From the size, shape, color, logo imprint and material, you can customize a product that fits with your company's logo and brand colors.
5) Usefulness – Unlike many promotional products, drinkware is something that everyone uses. As mentioned previously, 53% of the United States’ population owns drinkware. Knowing that drinkware is used, why not try it for your next promotional product?
1 - Global Advertising Specialties Impression Study by the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI). Accessed April 15, 2016. http://media.asicentral.com/resources/impressions-study-2016.pdf